Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone! I'm new here and mainly hoping to find some help with my turn signal issue.
I bought the bike a couple of weeks ago with no working indicators. I dove in and the fuses were all fine so I just went ahead and replaced the entire fuse box. This fixed the turn signal issue for about 10 minutes. I got back to the house after a ride and only the front running lights, head light and tail light were working. No power to the rear running lights and no action when turn signal switch was activated.

Any and all suggestions please. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2017 Vulcan 900 Classic
153 Posts
I don't have a 1500, but here's what I would do: Using my 12vDC circuit tester ( the probe with the light in it), I would access the connector that goes to the rear lights. I would disconnect it, turn on the turn signal, and from the power side of the connector, touch the appropriate connection to verify if power is at least here. Using this mid-point, you now know if the issue is forward or towards the rear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a 1500, but here's what I would do: Using my 12vDC circuit tester ( the probe with the light in it), I would access the connector that goes to the rear lights. I would disconnect it, turn on the turn signal, and from the power side of the connector, touch the appropriate connection to verify if power is at least here. Using this mid-point, you now know if the issue is forward or towards the rear.
thanks for the tip. power is intermitent. There may be a loose connection somewhere. electrical is not my strong point.

·
Registered
2017 Vulcan 900 Classic
153 Posts
So, if power is intermittent at the connector and going forward, that narrows it down. And since it affects ALL the lights in the rear only, if it were mine to do, I would focus on tracing the ground wire forward. Can't be too far away as it appears the ground at the switch is good because the front signals work without an issue. On my 900, the Black wire with the Yellow trace is the ground from the "under seat" connector.

thanks for the tip. power is intermitent. There may be a loose connection somewhere. electrical is not my strong point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts