Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 Vulcan 1500 Classic D2 with the 4 speed transmission. Over the past week the transmission is jumping out of 2nd gear just about every time I shift from 1st to 2nd. All the other gears are fine and when I downshift from 3rd to 2nd it holds ok. It did this a couple of time back in the spring but now it is almost every time. The bike has 62,500 miles on it. Would this be a gear or synchronizer that would be causing this and how hard to fix??

· Registered
436 Posts
Isn't that the classic 1 to 2 shift problem that vintage was known for? Although it is a sizeable job, didn't Kawasaki come up with replacement parts that fix that problem?

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. Not sure if I want to try to fix or not at this point. sfair, so I am looking at the shift fork, 2nd drive gear. What was the replacement parts that fixed this and where might I go to find them?

· Registered
436 Posts
I've purchased most of my parts from bike bandit and cheap cycle parts. If you do tackle this or have it done, make sure to change your plastic oil gear over to steel since you'll be in there anyway.

Reactions: Jdob
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.