Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure this post is in the right section however I couldn't find the correct section to post my question. Long story short I have a 96 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 that is refusing to start it does not crank it does not turn over none of my dash lights come on but the battery is good I know this because I rode it to the gas station on a cold start and it started up on the third turn upon getting gas and trying to leave the gas station I turn the switch on the neutral light doesn't come on nothing I have wired a 12-volt charging port last year and that works fine until I turn the switch on and then it's like the battery is dead no clicking no blinker no headlight and with the key in the on position I should be able to bump start it but that doesn't work either I'm almost thinking my trouble is in the ignition switch any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Well there should be a main fuse by the battery.
If bad it would explain what your describing.

So again - it did work/start a while back, you rode to the gas station and it started, and now at home you are having problems?

How old is the battery?
If possible when you turn the key on measure the battery voltage.
Then turn the key off and measure the battery voltage.

And for future reference the headlight doesn't come on until the motor is running.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts