Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm running into a problem with a new purchase. I bought this '96 Vulcan a few weeks ago and I am having trouble, I believe the bike sat for an extended period of time and she won't idle properly, she is fine at full choke but when its closed she cuts out, also can't give her any throttle.

So far I've used a generous amount of Seafoam, I attempted taking the Carb apart and replaced the old gas.

Next on my list is replacing the air filter, but waiting for it to arrive.

Any ideas please send them my way.

Thanks,
Frustrated new owner

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After looking at the switch I see that the plunger seems to be ceased, is it supposed to simply make contact with the side stand or is it supposed to retract? I can't seem to find any decent resources online and wanted to know before I bypassed it.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
After looking at the switch I see that the plunger seems to be ceased, is it supposed to simply make contact with the side stand or is it supposed to retract? I can't seem to find any decent resources online and wanted to know before I bypassed it.
It should push in when contact is made.Give it a good shot of penetrating fluid.That may free it up,or just by-pass it. ;) :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.