Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not much of a fabricator, and time for me (currently in college) is tough to realistically start learning to fabricate. SO, that being said I want to bobber my bike as much as possible, but some things need to be bolt on.

Seat: What do you guys/gals think about this? Should allow me to ditch the back half of my seat, and use a torch to cut off the rear mounts.

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/9933255363268535134?q=1996+kawasaki+vulcan+1500+seats&es_sm=119&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.76247554,d.aWw&biw=1307&bih=708&dpr=1.1&tch=1&ech=1&psi=5V4lVLK9FMizyATn84LwBg.1411735269522.3&sa=X&ei=Kl8lVJvbKoKtyAS49oH4BQ&ved=0CN8BEPMCMAg

Any suggestions/ideas for painting my engine covers? They are in rough shape as the bike sat for 2 years, but they arent rusting away either...looking for an inexpensive, reliable, weather tough, quality paint that I can apply? The engine covers are aluminum, so I am sure there are some good paints specific to aluminum?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I cut my factory seat, pulled off the foam, put new foam on it, and reattached the factory cover. Trimmed it obviously. Wasn't really that hard. Just took some patience. As far as paint I always use dupli-color. Just use the engine paint. It should hold up fine as long as you prep them right. Here is a pic of mine. I took it from stock to this with no torching or welding. Just a little cutting with a good grinder. Feel free to ask anything you want.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts