Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello from sweet home Alabama. I just got my vulcan and i have some questions about it
1. How do you adjust the air screw with the carburetor still on the bike without burning your hand off and what kind of tool do you use
2. My bike has Cobra pipes and I believe that they put a jet kit in the carb which would my the bike run rich?????
3. Speedometer is not working cable is fine I just took the back tire off and looked a the brake hub and was able to turn the gear inside of it the drive in the rear wheel looks ok should I replace the gears and the receiver

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Sorry just saw your post. As for the idle mixture adjustment, it can be done on the bike, but I think only if the EPA stuff has been removed, its in the way. Behind your petcock, between the cylinders is were the valve for the EPA will be if still there. If its gone, then I have used a screw driver bit attachment that goes in a 1/4" driver. All you need is the straight tip. Its a tight fit, but if your hands arent too big, you can get it. On the speedo, if you cable is good its very likely the drive in the rear wheel. It has 2 tabs that engage on the hub. If these are not lined up and engaged right, it bends the flange enough that it does not engage right. It is part 41064 in this diagram. I see you are in Alabama, I'm in Ga. near Chattanooga, Tn.. If you are within 150-200 miles of me, I'd be willing to ride over and lend a hand on the weekend, weather permitting.
http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/a/kaw/500b2827f8700223e4792da0/rear-wheel-chain

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The small vacuum line on the air box just under the EPA (EGR) I was reading on the wolf site that it is the crankcase vent can I T that line into a vacuum port off the carburetor I was planning to try and get a small K&N filter and run it and check the plugs to see how lean or rich im still running and go from there. Also last night while poking around the internet. I found a site CV performance http://www.cv-performance.com/harley-carb-premium-tuners-kit/?faceted_search=0 this comes with a thumb adjust screw has anyone tried this before Harleys use the same carb

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
The small vacuum line on the air box just under the EPA (EGR) I was reading on the wolf site that it is the crankcase vent can I T that line into a vacuum port off the carburetor I was planning to try and get a small K&N filter and run it and check the plugs to see how lean or rich im still running and go from there. Also last night while poking around the internet. I found a site CV performance http://www.cv-performance.com/harley-carb-premium-tuners-kit/?faceted_search=0 this comes with a thumb adjust screw has anyone tried this before Harleys use the same carb
DO NOT T into that vent pipe!. Its a crankcase breather, it blows, not sucks. Excess oil rich air comes out of that if the engine is working hard. You can remove it from the air box, and fit a breather to the end, but DONT "T" it.

Theres not a lot of space in there to adjust the screw. Try your local dealer, they have special ratchet 90 degree tools. i gave my dealer a deposit large enough to cover the cost if i screwed it up, and of course I didnt, so I got my money back when I returned it. Do NOT expect to loan it for free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts