Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody.Signed up awhile ago.Got sidetracked with life.But I'm back at it.I've been rebuilding a '96 800 Classic that was a salvage bike.Frontend damage,bike was built as a bagger.It was probably the most hideous thing I've ever seen.Baby blue with a different animal seen on every panel.Foxes,deer,bears.....Anyhoo.Going to go 2 up/bobber style.Reused the original tins,just cut most of the damage off.Lowered the rear about 2-3 inches.Doing old school Metalflake paintjob on it.Doing the final clear today.Forgot to take pics before teardown.Hoping in the end it will have the profile/look as the one in the last pic.
I know everybody likes pics.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
The end result is sweet. Love the black and silver.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish that was mine.I put that one up just to show the profile of how I want mine to look.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Parts are cleared.Leave them sit a couple days,wet sand and buff.Then reassembly time woohoo.Still need to cut the suspension arms and reweld them,to lower it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Made a little headway today.Got the rear lowered.Fenders installed rear lights all wired.Turn signals double as brake lights too.Need to stiffen up the preload a little.Going to wait until the end of the season to pull the shock out and have it rebuilt.Leaking a little.It's a Worx Performance shock.

·
BOTM Winner, July 2014
22 Posts
I really want to do a bobber for a second bike. Please keep the pics coming, I would like see the result with something else other than an XS 650

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Vulcan was a new one to me.I've done a couple XS's.My favorite is the Suzuki Savage,done a few of them.Getting ready to do a 650 V-Star and possibly an Ironhead Sporty.I have an old Shovelhead I'm doing too as a 2 up style.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fired it up today,and took it out.Only for a couple miles.Was hoping 2nd gear was ok.Wet sand and buff and a good detail,she's done.Probably put tires on soon.They're pretty hard and dry.Considering it's a salvage and it has sat in my shop for 4 years I'm very happy with it.

·
BOTM Winner, July 2014
22 Posts
The Vulcan was a new one to me.I've done a couple XS's.My favorite is the Suzuki Savage,done a few of them.Getting ready to do a 650 V-Star and possibly an Ironhead Sporty.I have an old Shovelhead I'm doing too as a 2 up style.

How easy was the Savage to do compared to other bobber projects?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think they are way easy.The frame has a nice shape to it.This one I welded a couple tabs for the Sporty tank.Other than that pretty much bolt on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts