Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone in the Vulcan nation can help me out. The front jug on my engine doesn't seem to be firing like the rear jug. I can start the bike and run it for a few seconds and shut it off. you still can put your hand on the front exhaust pipe. It is warm but you can't touch the rear pipe. Compression is good on both cyls about 160 lbs. ignition looks good, changed plugs etc.
I even removed the decompressor on the front jug but to no avail. Thanks in advance for any input. Pulling my hair out

· Registered
475 Posts
That is a single carb, if I remember right, so that rules out trouble with one carb. I would suspect a vacuum leak between the carb and the front cylinder. If it picks up that cylinder under load, that is another clue. Check to be sure you don't have a vacuum line that has fallen off, and then try squirting light oil around the gaskets. If it has a leak, the rpms will change when the oil hits the leak. Keep us posted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.