Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this thread earlier but hasn't shown up yet. The front jug on my 1500 isn't firing like the rear. I can start it for a few seconds and shut it off to feel the exhaust pipes. I can touch the front pipe which is a little warm but not the rear because it has gotten too hot to touch in that short amount of time. Checked ign. compression, removed front decompressor, rebuilt carb, etc., etc. Everything checks out. Felt sure I would find a worn off cam lobe but didn't. Engine has approx. 47,000 mi on it. I have ran out of ideas. Bike seems to run a little better after riding a while but still front cyl. not hitting like the rear. Thanks for any input.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a couple of old plugs and I kept bending the electrode out while cranking the engine over. Seems like the spark on both coils is jumping the gap about the same. Like I said in my previous post the miss isn't totally dead and it's not erratic. It's almost like a burnt valve but the compression is good. I inherited this bike from a friend of mine who passed away and I'm trying to put this bike back to running right in a way to honor him. He liked to work on it himself but wasn't very good on the wiring end of it.Is it possible that the it makes son the coils got reversed from one to the other? I was also thinking that the HLA's might be giving me trouble . They tick some when the bike sits for a month or so. Thanks for any help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.