Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an electrical issue. The battery keeps going dead quickly. I replaced the battery, and stator. I'm not good with electrical problems and have more of a replace things until it works :) attitude. I've checked the harness and don't see bare or broken wires. Do I need to replace the voltage rectifier? What's left to replace?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, there are three yellow wires coming from the stator. I plugged them in in no particular order because they were not marked for separation, so I didn't think it mattered.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sfair, thank you for responding! I apologize for taking so long to respond. I am new to this forum, and not tech savvy. I'm embarrassed to say, but it has taken me 3-4 days to figure out how to respond hahaha. I've got it down now :)
I replaced the voltage rectifier/regulator and am now up and running. Yes, my solution towards fixing electrical issues does go thru cash pretty fast. I now have a extra stator for problems in the future :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have a meter and I read the manual every time I have to use it. Apparently you have to change the settings for every type of test you do!? Idk, I'll understand it at some point.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know, I didn't test it with the meter. My bike was on the side of the road with a dead battery. I replaced the part and jumped it from my wife's car. I then drove it about 100 miles to my house. It made it, I then put a trickle charge on it to give the battery a full, slow charge. I've driven it to work every day since and it's still working, so I guess it is good to go.
How do it preform the test u are talking about? I will do it just so I can learn something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts