Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! I am new to the forums and the motorcycling world. I took my safety class and got my endorsement for my state, and I shopped around and yesterday I purchased a 1994 VN750 for 2000 dollars with a little over 11k miles. It runs well, and the guy I bought it from took very good care of it (emptying the fluids before storage, a little bit of customizing, and a box of goodies for me to keep).

I would just like to know of some common problems, or things to look out for on these bikes. As well as things I should consider doing/checking.

Lastly, I noticed today, it has a hard time starting after being warmed up. To the point of me getting paranoid about my competency of handling the starting features on the bike (checked keys, kickstand, neutral, clutch, engine switch, everything was right, and still wouldn't start for a good 5 or 6 tries.) What's that about?

He said he has never had it overheat.

Thanks! Loving this bike so far!

EDIT: I apologize, I should have just done a bit of searching first, and came across the "Pick up Coil" mod. Looks great, if the bike keeps this up, I may try this.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/34298778/Pick-Up-Coil-Adjustment

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I don't own a 750, but I did research them before I settled on my 900. They are good bikes but cannot survive not being maintained!

One of the common failure points is the 'splines' on the drive shaft. Do some searching and you should find info on lubing that up. That, in addition to keeping the drive shaft fluid changes, should keep it running for a long long time.

Some have needed to relocate the regulator/rectifier unit to an area that doesn't get quite as hot. Something to consider!

We'd love to see some pictures!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts