Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am looking for drive belts and/or info about drive belts for a 1993 EN500 A Vulcan. Plan is to pick one up that has sat for 8 years so I want to estimate repair costs and locate sellers for parts before giving an offer. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The belt is probably going to be hard to find new... I have a 95 parts bike with what is probably the original belt on it, and have someone who wants to purchase that belt and a few other parts form me. Wish I had better news here, but that's the way I've been seeing it for a while.

Another possibility for you is to swap to chain drive from the later 500c (1996 and up) models. The chain sprocket on the rear fits right into your existing wheel. I do not know about the front sprocket conversion, or if it's bolt on or not. If I remember correctly, the swingarm on the 500a is a little shorter than the 500c, so might need to pull a couple links out of the chain as well for proper fitment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The belt is probably going to be hard to find new... I have a 95 parts bike with what is probably the original belt on it, and have someone who wants to purchase that belt and a few other parts form me. Wish I had better news here, but that's the way I've been seeing it for a while.

Another possibility for you is to swap to chain drive from the later 500c (1996 and up) models. The chain sprocket on the rear fits right into your existing wheel. I do not know about the front sprocket conversion, or if it's bolt on or not. If I remember correctly, the swingarm on the 500a is a little shorter than the 500c, so might need to pull a couple links out of the chain as well for proper fitment.
I don't need an OEM belt, just any belt that fits.

·
Registered
169 Posts

Here's older thread, some useful info there about Harley belts.
If you can visually compare Harley and OEM belts that would be awesome, I'm sure you'll find one that will fit.
Belts are very durable, bike sitting for 8 years won't cause any damage to the belt, little bit of cleaning and greasing and belt should be ready to go. People are riding 90-92 Vulcans with original belt, so that must tell you something about durability of the belts itself. Just make sure that the belt isn't cracked somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts