Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i I having some issues with understanding how the fuel system works on a 92 vulcan 1500. I can fire my bike up on a gravity fed tank that I made with a fuel regulator .So what's the purpose of the fuel pump ? I s the fuel pump regulated by the module at r.p.s ? Is the pump after the petcock going to the filter or is it directly before the carbs ? The diagrams that I've seen are not very descriptive about the fuel system . They have some breakdowns that help me understand it but no full scale fuel system diagram . The bike I'm working on is a basket case coming alive . Parts are missing and I'm doing my best to put it back together .So if you have any info or links that would help me on my journey that would really help.
Thanx !

·
Registered
478 Posts
I answered the fuel pump question on another forum.
On my 94 Vulcan 1500, the filter was connected to the fuel cock, the fuel pump was next, downstream of the filter. Pumps don't like dirty fuel.
Getting the lines connected with no kinks is a bit tricky, apparently beyond the ability of the bike's former owner, as I found out one warm summer day as I was stalled by the roadside with vapor-lock, exacerbated by a kink just before the filter.

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
So what's the purpose of the fuel pump
To keep fuel flowing to both carbs at a steady flow and constant pressure. You can fire the bike up without a pump, but try running it down the freeway at 70 or climbing a mountain pass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts