Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here it is!!! The hitch installed the wiring has been done and the trailer has been painted for a while. I finaly took pics. Thanks BIGMO for the great hitch. Thanks to Whitings57 & MrClean for the trailer advise. Original thread; New guy / Pulling a Trailer. On 12-8-2010.

Here is a few things I did different, The wiring was spliced in under the fender soldered and shrink tubed for the long haul (no ScotchLoc Connectors here). The wires & trailer plug I run to a "Grifter Box" that mounts behind the liscence plate with the 5-4 wire adapter. Sorry Mo this created a problem the box would not open as the ball was to close to the box, with some cutting, trimming, shaping and a little welding, viola, a longer tow bar was produced. Problem solved. Local auto parts store was able to do a pretty goog match on the paint not perfect but I,m happy. some WalMart bling on the trailer, a piece of carpet, some eye bolts, etc. and its finished here are the pictures!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
looks very nice .. congratulations.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I'm liking it!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I'm liking it!
Zig, with all the stuff hanging off your bike, this maybe your next move .... with knobbie tires of course ... for your new KLR.:)

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Can you pull a trailer with a KLR 650?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
.... you can get a hitch for anything. Try classicind.com.au. ... big ol klr .. 650 single pot ... ton of torque ... i wouldn't think twice about it.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Now you just need to go out to Home Depot/Lowes and pick up some grab rails in the bathroom/healthcare section. Backers on the underside of the top and screwed down gives you a luggage rack. It won't support much but it should hold a chair orone of those folding aluminum tables. I used mine to hold the 6 poles to my hammock stand. Not the ideal solution for that I think now, but it got me to Oshkosh and back.

Yours looks pretty good.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts