Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the "project" Vulcan900 '07 Classic LT with some damages and missing parts. I talk with a dealer and look on-line ... some part looks like made from diamonds coated with gold... :)
So I start to think perhaps some one had same problem and resolve with machine shop. In my case I have knowledge and appropriate equipment to make that pieces from high grade aluminum or good steel. I do not have dimensions.

Question - I need dimensions for the the Front Axel Collar (#92152): ID, OD, L
Please help!
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just got the "project" Vulcan900 '07 Classic LT with some damages and missing parts. I talk with a dealer and look on-line ... some part looks like made from diamonds coated with gold... :)
So I start to think perhaps some one had same problem and resolve with machine shop. In my case I have knowledge and appropriate equipment to make that pieces from high grade aluminum or good steel. I do not have dimensions.

Question - I need dimensions for the the Front Axel Collar (#92152): ID, OD, L
Please help!
Thank you in advance.
Not the information you were seeking, but if you have the front axle, the ID for #92152 would be just slightly larger than the Front Axle OD. The required length could be determined from the inter fork spacing less the the width of the wheel as measure through the center where the axle passes. OD would be small enough that the spacer doesn't apply pressure to the wheel bearing seal, but only to yhe inter wheel bearing race. My spacers are 26.15 mm OD.

This should yeild dimensions very close to to the factory #92152 specs.

Hope this helps,

Andy

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi Vulcan

If you are going to make new spacers yourself, why don't you just machine it from 316/304 stainless the aluminium is a fair choice i machined a good few parts for my custom from 6061 ali but i would go with stainless down there simply because of location, once polished the stainless would be a simple wash with soap and water and would sparkle, not so the ali.
I amabout to replace my customs spacers with stainless for that very reason, material has been purchased 304 stailess. If you look in the photo gallery you will see a couple of custom parts made by me.

Good luck let me know if you think my customs dimensions will work, i can't see why not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts