Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so my 06 900 that has never ever given me a lick of trouble must have learned how to read, because as soon as I hung a for sale sign, stuff starts to happen… :mad:

She won't start. I hit the switch and I get an awful buzzing/clicking, as if the battery is dead. I figured that the battery is a few years old, I'll replace it. Don't wanna be "that guy" that sells it knowing there's a problem. I bought it but hadn't gotten to install it so I hooked it to the tender to get me by until I could.
I notice that the light on my tender is green… thats a full charge. Let's ride to the store… I hit the switch and I get that same awful buzzing/clicking, as if the battery is dead.

I'm no mechanic, but the battery +/- leads are tight, and the battery is charged. There's plenty of fuel.

What's up with this thing? starter? maybe a relay? :confused:

·
Registered
78 Posts
OK, so my 06 900 that has never ever given me a lick of trouble must have learned how to read, because as soon as I hung a for sale sign, stuff starts to happen… :mad:

She won't start. I hit the switch and I get an awful buzzing/clicking, as if the battery is dead. I figured that the battery is a few years old, I'll replace it. Don't wanna be "that guy" that sells it knowing there's a problem. I bought it but hadn't gotten to install it so I hooked it to the tender to get me by until I could.
I notice that the light on my tender is green… thats a full charge. Let's ride to the store… I hit the switch and I get that same awful buzzing/clicking, as if the battery is dead.

I'm no mechanic, but the battery +/- leads are tight, and the battery is charged. There's plenty of fuel.

What's up with this thing? starter? maybe a relay? :confused:
Battery might be showing a full charge but it doesn't have enough cranking amps to start it... you need a new one.

·
Registered
155 Posts
+1 on a new battery. Had the same situation with the car about two months ago. It could sit unused for a week, showed voltage at 12.9, but cranked very slowly for as much as three or four seconds (usually enough to start the car), then quit trying. New battery fixed the problem. Most auto parts stores here will test the battery and give you a print-out at no charge (hoping to sell a battery of course).

Grandpa

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Battery might be showing a full charge but it doesn't have enough cranking amps to start it... you need a new one.
I hate searching through a forum to find threads like this that offer suggestions and the O/P never returns to say if it helped or not.

So for some other guy who may be searching and land on this thread... A new battery did in fact solve the issue. She and the Nomad are both hibernating for the winter (both on tenders) and the 900 will go up for sale again this spring.

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Even better is to run a few tests yourself to prove out the fault instead of accepting someone else's problem/solution as being exactly the remedy for your situation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts