Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom. A couple of days ago after a heavy down poor of rain for a few hours the Bike would not start and I had to get it towed home. I'm not sure where to start to find the problem and a friend of mine suggested looking at forums. Any suggestions? I've recharged the battery, the bike is now dry, It turns over but doesn't start.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The 06 thru 08 Vulcans have a stator problem that can be in some cases related to riding in heavy rain. Were you riding it or was it just sitting out in the rain? The bikes in these years can commonly have a stator failure. How many miles on the bike?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was riding in light rain than parked it in town there was heavy rain for 2.5 hrs then it woulden't start. there's 25,000 Km on it. Does the stator need replacing or should I just check it to make sure it's dry?
The 06 thru 08 Vulcans have a stator problem that can be in some cases related to riding in heavy rain. Were you riding it or was it just sitting out in the rain? The bikes in these years can commonly have a stator failure. How many miles on the bike?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Still won't start. In May I had to replace the battery after it was only 2 years old. the dealership said it was a bad cell. Could a bad stator cause a bad cell in the battery if it's not functioning properly?
Hmmm, I have to question that.

Will it still not start?

Stator problem will not cause a no-start.

Post back.

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Bad stator will not cause bad cell.

Do you have a meter and know how to use it?

If not, we can help there too.

Post back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a meter and know how to use it to check voltage and continuity but not sure about the rest.
Bad stator will not cause bad cell.

Do you have a meter and know how to use it?

If not, we can help there too.

Post back.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Here is the stator information thread link from the sticky above. You will find the testing info for your charging system and other stator info as well. Not sure it has to do with your problem but it needs to be tested occasionally on all Vulcans anyway...especially 06 thru 08. http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24679

1 - 11 of 11 Posts