Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to do a search, with no success (unless it buried inside another thread), but was looking to see if there is a fix for the 900 speedometer? Like a change in resistor like the fuel gauge fix. I can always just add in the extra miles. With my current set up my speedo reads 65mph (actual speed 70mph).

Thought if it's easy, would tackle a new project.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Front & rear pully change and or a 200 rear tire. These seem to be the most common fixes. A combination of all 3 may be overkill though, not too sure. These are mainly done to bring the cruising rpm range into a little more comfortable range but it also corrects the speedo error.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys, Thanks... This is what I was looking for. I do have both pulleys and it swung the speedo the other way (65 shown, 70 actual). I will be looking into the speedo tuning. Appreciate all the info.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Speed sensor is on the crankcase (left side). It measures crank speed, sends a signal to the ECU which generates an OEM calibrated signal for the speedo that includes correction for OEM gear and pullys and OEM tires. That's why front and rear pulley changes or tire size changes create a descrepency between indicated and actual speed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts