Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cobra power commanders seem to be the most popular, but I was wondering if anyone is using or has used the more complicated programs that require computer downloads and a laptop?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called my local dealer, they confirmed that the Cobra computer will really only have Cobra part maps. I am definatally going to go with the Power Commander (not sure of 3 or 5) I'll have to wiegh the options on that.

After doing alot of research, I do alot of research, I am begining to think the Cobra stuff is not built that great.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The Power Commander is the More complicated unit.
I have a PC V on my bike for almost 2 years now. Use a laptop to do tuning and set RPM's the PC V is for model year 09 and up and the III is for 06,07,08. Only $20 differance. Some people have been able to use the V but PC does not promise it will work on the early years. Software is easy to use and I left a USB cable plugged into the PC unit so I can hook up without any pain.

Which pipes are you looking at, the Breather does not matter as long as it is not stock.
Pm me if you need more help with the software or have specific question.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been talkin with a guy on here about a pair of hard krome American classics. My local shop told me the install on the PCV would only be $100, and all the downloads are free from the website. I'm definatlly going to go this way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts