Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 vul. LT. installed the rear scoot Works pulley two weeks ago. Just got back from a 600 mi. trip. It is well worth changing for slab riding. No more looking for another gear. The trip mpg was about the same because we were on the BRP as well as some town and country riding, a good mixed trip. The reason for the mpg being about the same for the same trip last spring I think is due to needing to run in 3rd. and 4th. where before I could run in 4th and 5th. on some roads but on the freeway it is no very nice. avg. mpg. 54 for two day trip.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
No, a larger front pulley would pull the rear tire forward, but the smaller rear pulley will move the rear tire further out.

·
Registered
696 Posts
No, a larger front pulley would pull the rear tire forward, but the smaller rear pulley will move the rear tire further out.
DOH!! :eek: I knew that.... Why I didn't remember that when I wrote the message is beyond me. I guess I must have had some stupid soup for lunch.... :eek:

My Pirelli Night Dragons just arrived and I'm trying to figure out if the 200 rear will fit (without modifications) with/without a pulley and whether or not I'll need/want a pulley after I have it mounted.

I probably run the crashways about 40-50% the time and my MPG average could be better. Running the high RPMs on the crashway is giving me 38 mpg pretty consistently.

Problem is, I can buy a lot of gas for $340, so dunno if it's worth the bucks for the pulley to reduce vibration and gain 5 or 6 mpg. :confused: Of course, gas wouldn't have to go a lot higher in price, to make it more tempting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts