Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried to get more hp out of a 900? Seems to be many, air, exhaust and tuner swaps with decent results. But has anyone tried a turbo or other power adder? I love the size and nimbleness of the 900 (2015 classic) but feel it could use another 25-30hp to be almost perfect... thoughts, ideas?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Getting that much more dyno horsepower out of an engine which OEM dyno tests in the 50bhp range would take a lot of rather pricey modification and could affect engine and drivetrain reliability as well as changing the bike's general character. I would probably go back to riding a fast sport bike rather than tricking out the Vulcan 900.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Anyone tried to get more hp out of a 900? Seems to be many, air, exhaust and tuner swaps with decent results. But has anyone tried a turbo or other power adder? I love the size and nimbleness of the 900 (2015 classic) but feel it could use another 25-30hp to be almost perfect... thoughts, ideas?
For a cost-effective about 30% gain over stock, you could try a re-tune of your ECU by Ivan?

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
You're looking for a 50% plus increase in power. How are you going to increase it's stopping power by 50%? It's a recipe for disaster IMO, if you want more power buy a bigger bike.

·
Registered
117 Posts
^ true. These bikes don't exactly stop on a dime. They're not horrible, but a very very far cry from what you'd expect from a typical sportbike.

After riding mine stock, they leave a lot to be desired. So I did the Kurykyn hypercharger, cobra self adjusting fuel tuner, and pipes.... and wow did that ever make a big difference. Way more power, that being said the Barons 34 tooth front pulley is a wise option from there.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
90 Miles an hour is still 90 miles an hour.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts