Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm new here. I've been looking to buy a new bike and have narrowed my search down to the Vulcan 900LT. Based on my budget and what I've learned about these bikes, probably looking at an '06, '07, '08.

I've only seen a few of these bikes in the flesh and to be honest, I've never actually ridden this particular bike. But I like the looks and have heard many good things.

My questions are: Is there a particular color(s) that looks outstanding in the 900 LT of those years? Also, are there any pros or cons I should no about for the years I'm looking at?
Thanks
Figgy

·
Registered
976 Posts
Well I like the red/silver 2007 over the Black one of any year, but that's just me. I think 2009 had a white and silver.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Color is all about the style of the rider. I think they all look really good. The black main be a bit plainer, but there is one thing that is easy to do with black that can't easily be done with the two tone bikes or the other solid color bikes. With black you could get a local vinyl shop to put on black reflective flames. I think these are so cool. During the day she is just a simple black bike. At night, when the headlights of a car roll across her, she lights up to show the fire underneath that simple black paint job. But like I said, you are the one who will have to live with the bike. So your opinion is the only one that counts.

As for mechanincal issues, I don't know of anything on any of the 900s of any series or year that should cause you stress. Do read the sticky post about the broken grease fittings. If you are buying a used bike it may be worth crawling on the ground to check out.

Good luck and glad to have another rider on board.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have a red/titanium '07 LT. I didn't pick the color--the really great deal did.

Since I bought it last summer, I've come to really like the striking contrasts of the red and titanium against the black upholstery. Draws lots of compliments, too.

I've come to prefer the red/titanium over any of the mono colors, or other two-tones I've seen. Karma, maybe.

Though it doesn't show in the pic, the titanium has a real faint gold tint to it that really enhances to appearance.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
976 Posts
Yeah, that's the one, the good one. Now the same year Star 1300's had a gun metal and Titanium paint, it was pretty good looking too BUT the above color combination stands out better and is more striking. When I first looked at the 900 they only had a black one at the dealers. I liked the bike but I just don't like black. I've had a black car before. Every bit of dust adn ti shows it. And it's hard to be a rebel when 80% of everyone else on a bike is riding black Face it, every poser you ever knew is on a black bike. Had they had the red and titanium when I was looking I'd never had looked at the Star.

But everbody is different (cept for those posers) or else it'd be a boring world (like one filled with posers on black bikes)

By the way, if you're not a poser (and we know who you are) don't be insulted. Imitation is supposed to be the highest form of flattery. Just too bad in this case it isn't.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Before I got into motorcycles, my wife and I used to own and ride horses. There was a saying among horse-owners "There ain't no bad color on a good horse". True with bikes as well. Find a color that YOU like and you're in! They're all good... your own preferences will lead you in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Before I got into motorcycles, my wife and I used to own and ride horses. There was a saying among horse-owners "There ain't no bad color on a good horse". True with bikes as well. Find a color that YOU like and you're in! They're all good... your own preferences will lead you in the right direction.
well said, i have the red / titanium , but thats my choice, not necessary the choice of others.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies.
I was actually leaning towards the red/titanium based on all the pictures of 900lt's i've looked at. I've never actually seen one in the flesh, I just think it looks good in the pics.
I'm going to look at a '06 today red w/black on top of tank and fender.
There are quite a few of these for sale right now and has almost come down to picking a color.
thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts