Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Vulcan Forum and eager to hear about some interesting mods that have been done. I personally love the bike but the front tire width I am not sold on 100% yet.

·
Registered
658 Posts
bass567 said:
What's the concern here??

Handles like a charm. (That's objective).
Looks cool. (That's subjective).
I agree, I haven't noticed a problem with the front tire width... Have you looked at the classic, its front tire is wider.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
You can get a slightly wider front tire with no mods... Metz 880 makes a 90/90-21 front tire (and a 200/70-15 for the rear) that fills out the fender nicely, but I never had any handling issues even with the stock tires on, so no worries there.

The debaffle is amazingly easy to do as well, to give ya some rumble without dropping a few hundred on pipes. As for the rest of the mods that can be done, the sky is the limit. Hit the 900 pics thread here, and you'll see a world of options!

BTW, welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the concern here??

Handles like a charm. (That's objective).
Looks cool. (That's subjective).

:D
No concerns I love the bike. I am just picking the brains of other owners to see what they have done to theirs.
I have pondered changing out the front rim with one from a Classic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can get a slightly wider front tire with no mods... Metz 880 makes a 90/90-21 front tire (and a 200/70-15 for the rear) that fills out the fender nicely, but I never had any handling issues even with the stock tires on, so no worries there.

The debaffle is amazingly easy to do as well, to give ya some rumble without dropping a few hundred on pipes. As for the rest of the mods that can be done, the sky is the limit. Hit the 900 pics thread here, and you'll see a world of options!

BTW, welcome to the forums!
Thanks for the welcome! Well I find a great deal on my 07, it has the Cobra Long Shot Exhaust, and all chrome acessories. I am curious on your remarks on the rear and front tire. I would like to see a close up pic of your bike to see how it looks. That is one thing I do not like is the "air space" between the tire and fender.

·
Registered
658 Posts
That is the plan. I am searching for a used rim and fender from a Classic. Any suggested websites?
j&p, motorcycle-superstore,... the usual suspects. although they might be expensive. It might be worth it to post in the classifieds on this site. Someone with a classic may want to trade. You might check into a salvage yard too.

good luck! and welcome to the boards!

·
Registered
742 Posts
i posted this some where else but the only problem i found with the front tire as opposed to the fatty on the classic (that was my other bike) is that you have to watch out going into driveways... the aprons may be slightly higher than the road and if you turn too sharp into it you run the risk of mashing the rim...

i found this out the hard way and my tire pressure was fine... was only going like 5MPH so it was a "bump" but enough to ding the rim. the classic had no problems whatsoever in similar situations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts