Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, for those of you familiar with the story, I finally got my Patrol bags from Tsukayu (ordered 3/25, received 5/10) and coincidentally my OEM sissy bar showed up as well so I spent all of yesterday's afternoon and evening installing those bad boys. :D

Here's a crappy cellphone pic I took this morning as I left her in the parking lot at work. Better pics should be coming this weekend, once I give her a good cleaning!

I guess since I haven't posted here before, the system restricts the size of attachments. You can check out the pic from my post over at BTK:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Looks real nice,really like the batwing.Now you need to debadge it so the black flows threw the bike.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Nice look!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Nice ride!
Time for new pipes so you can lower those bag a bit more.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Looks real nice,really like the batwing.Now you need to debadge it so the black flows threw the bike.
I've thought about completely debadging but, I'm really proud of my Vulcan. Plus, I don't want people to think that it's a Harley and having it stolen.

Bike thief #1: "WHAT?! It's a crappy jap bike! F*ck this! It's not worth the effort..."
Bike thief #2: "Oh look, there's a nice Harley over there!"

Nice ride!
Time for new pipes so you can lower those bag a bit more.
Nah, I love the look of the stockers too much. Plus now that they're Stage 2 debaffled, I dig them even more. I'm kind of tall (6'1") so I mounted the bags relatively high so that I wouldn't be bending over as much to get the stuff in there. At 35 years young, my lower back ain't how it used to be! ;)

where did you get that batwing..me like
It's a Memphis shade batwing for metrics: http://www.memphisshades.com/metric_fairing_appchart.shtml

I bought mine from Biker's Haven last year but you might want to shop around for a better price: http://www.bikerhaven.net/servlet/the-6167/MEMPHIS-SHADES-BATWING-FAIRING/Detail

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Batwing on Memphis Shades shows only for a vn900 classic, so I am assuming they are interchangable? Just want to make sure. Thanks.

Later,
Darknight

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Batwing on Memphis Shades shows only for a vn900 classic, so I am assuming they are interchangable? Just want to make sure. Thanks.

Later,
Darknight
Yeah, although Memphis Shades only lists the Classic for fitment of the parts, they fit the Custom just fine. The install of the bracket on the bike is a little tight but nothing that can't be done, especially if you have a second set of hands available...

The Custom's headlight is a little smaller than the Classic's so the wing rests a little forward and below the top of the headlight. Doesn't bother me but I take it could be fixed by replacing the headlight.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went to visit the folks today Sunday and since they live on a 2nd floor, I took this pic from the stairs going up:

And yes, the bags do hold a six-pack of bottles. That alone makes the money spent worthwhile! ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
well, it looks fantastic, I am in awe. I will have to have the batwing for my 900c se.
Thanks for sharing.

Later,
darknight

·
Registered
578 Posts

So in this picture it looks like there are brackets coming off the top of the lower tripletree, are there another set of mounts somewhere else that secure to the top part of the fairing? I really like the look and have been thinking about a fairing myself, I am a fairly good fabricator so if this mounting system was your creation would love to know some details on the mounting system.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts