Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry folks, another damn windshield post...

But this one is specific for the people who have some knowledge of what works and what doesn't.

I'm having a hard time deciding between the Kawasaki Cafe' Windshield and the National Cycle Switch Blade Deflector.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you are on the highways doing over 60mph more than 10% of the time,
get a tall shield just below eye level. Short shields take just a little off your
body, but it's a lot more comfy when your whole body including head are shielded.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cafe Windshield

I just got the cafe windshield and put it on my '09 Custom SE. I am 5' 7" and wear a full faced helmet. The biggest thing I've noticed at higher speeds is that I don't feel like I'm going to be blown off the bike with the windshield. The wind I feel starts at just about my nose level, and I can feel it on my shoulders as well. There is not any head buffeting, but bugs seem to be deflected right into my visor. Good thing for the full face helmet. I still like this windshield very much - does what I want it to do and doesn't detract from the looks of the bike either.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ordered a deflector from meancycles.com this week, should be here Thursday, I'll let you know my opinion after the weekend riding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts