Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded my 900 custom and got the 2011 nomad, and I can't say how happy I am , it rides better than the 900 ,well balanced , I was woried about the weight deference but the nomad rides so smooth , more comfortable ,powerful and sounds better,I was worried how this heavy bike would make a U- turn , I avoided alot of u- turns then I sayed hell with it let's do it , and man it was the smoothest u- turn I ever made , so happy and proud of having this bike in my garage , this is the best bike I ever owned .

I was thinking of going to HD road king , (friend's pressure ) but when compared standard options vs price !! you don't need a math genious to figure it out . and what makes this bike so perfect ( nomad) is no after market accessories ? so it's perfect .

·
Registered
381 Posts
I miss my old 900 sometimes but I wouldn't trade for my Nomad. Congrats.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what about the break- in ? some say don't go to last gear ? no high rpm more than 2700 ? I have no tachometer ? they say ride for 10-15 minutes then stop for full cool down ? I can't stop every 15 minutes ?
what you suggest ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've broke in a few new bikes, never had anyone tell me to stop every 15 mim. to let cool down. Just ride it and enjoy it. The Nomad is a great bike.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Only recommendation for break in I have is use dinosuar oil for the 1st and 2nd oil change then switch to synthetic.

Watch the traking on the drive belt and tension. Some times the rear tire needs to be aligned a little to track the belt correctly. If it is squeeling then get it adjusted and aligned.

I have VV ABS and like you I thought WOW heavy but once moving it is so smooth and balanced.

Enjoy the Nomad. :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
I traded my 900 custom and got the 2011 nomad, and I can't say how happy I am , it rides better than the 900 ,well balanced , I was woried about the weight deference but the nomad rides so smooth , more comfortable ,powerful and sounds better,I was worried how this heavy bike would make a U- turn , I avoided alot of u- turns then I sayed hell with it let's do it , and man it was the smoothest u- turn I ever made , so happy and proud of having this bike in my garage , this is the best bike I ever owned .

I was thinking of going to HD road king , (friend's pressure ) but when compared standard options vs price !! you don't need a math genious to figure it out . and what makes this bike so perfect ( nomad) is no after market accessories ? so it's perfect .
I also went from the 900 to the 1700 Nomad... never regretted it, and I loved my 900... the Nomad is just better!! (cept for mpg... that's not as good... :()

·
Registered
701 Posts

I made the same trade back in June. It was the best thing I did. I never looked back and have no regrets. The only difference is I was looking at HD street glide.

·
V2K Rogue Wrangler
1,112 Posts
Just a little more practice time on the 1700 and y'all will be ready to move up to a real bike!

:DVN2000:D (the grin comes with the bike)

just funnin' ya.
Enjoy your Vulcans!

·
Registered
392 Posts
both are good. the 1700 has great egonomics, handles great, large lockable storage, and with the electronic cruise you can ride all day comfortably. and the 2000 is big, powerful, much fun to feel it pull everytime you go thru the gears and stands apart from others. I guess the best thing would be to get both brand new! I'm sure there is a lucky wise man out there somewhere who did just that!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts