Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So part way into the bobber conversion. Went with one of the kits from Blue Collar Bobbers. Got to say its a pretty high quality kit and the work has been pretty straightforward (mostly bolt on w/ exception of cutting the mile high rear fender supports). Hardest part is going to be the aesthetic component. Here's some photos with the front and rear fenders off and with the rear fender and seat in place but not mounted.

I have the OEM Cafe windscreen and was going to paint that as well. Right now thinking of a black base with sliver/chrome racing stripe down the centerline.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

and last pic in its " before" state as a Baby Bagger.

·
BOTY Winner 2016!, BOTM Winner, January 2016
34 Posts
Like the orange. I used their kit when I bobbed mine. I used their fender and seat, then used motogadget signal lights for that clean look.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't make much progress over winter, Too much work and a severe case of procrastinitis due to cold weather and un heated work space. I did get the tank off so it's ready for paint. Still conflicted on color. Original plan is to spray tank and fenders the burnt candy orange but have the tribal decals removed. I have the OEM Cafe windshield and was going to have that painted black. Other thoughts that have been percolating around are to do a version of Kawi green and a black center racing stripe. The alternate version does everything matte black. I'd have to pull and spray the air intake, etc. and then have a fabricated wrap / surround for the front forks done to make that look a bit like the forks on the 900 Classic forks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Didn't make much progress over winter, Too much work and a severe case of procrastinitis due to cold weather and un heated work space. I did get the tank off so it's ready for paint. Still conflicted on color. Original plan is to spray tank and fenders the burnt candy orange but have the tribal decals removed. I have the OEM Cafe windshield and was going to have that painted black. Other thoughts that have been percolating around are to do a version of Kawi green and a black center racing stripe. The alternate version does everything matte black. I'd have to pull and spray the air intake, etc. and then have a fabricated wrap / surround for the front forks done to make that look a bit like the forks on the 900 Classic forks.

Get off your ass and get this shit done!

Here is a song to get you motivated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Rj6EOvm2g

@NHRIDER

·
Registered
24 Posts
I like the orange. Definately get rid of the Tribals but keep the orange. I like the dark look on yours vs. the chrome on my midnight metallic saphire blue NON SE edition.

I think the key is to find the correct balance between light and dark.

Not a fan of the green idea. Overdone on Kawis in my opinion.

Ever thought of just doing the tank in orange and making the rear fender a gloss black? I think that would look cool. Maybe even with a black cafe fairing. That might be too rat bike for you though.

Just my .02

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok gents. You motivated me to move my fat arse. Tins are off and going for paint on Monday. Decided to go with a two tone red and black. Similar to the '16 classic but where it's red mine will be black and the red will be where the grey is. Going to have the cafe style windscreen spayed black as well.

I really like the forks on the classic but can't find a cheap way to get the covers and convert them on my custom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts