Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As pacomutt has said the "cod piece" looks bad, he was happy painting his on the classic. Well I went one step futher and removed it and replaced it with a Cobra Power Flow intake.

The mod took me about 5 hours to complete with cutting grinding and two runs to the hardware store but its done!

I think it looks bad ass and gives some nice lines to the left side of the bike. With the proper measurements to make a one piece bracket this would be an easy one hour job.

Here are some pics.

This is a one of a kind mod, I have not seen any others like it!

Hope you like

M

·
Registered
83 Posts
nice! It's not really functional, is it? it's just for show?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not functional but it will definatly make the Hardley guys say WTF!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good eye, Appears with the techglide forward controls they seem to be a bit off. There was a thread about it a few months back with a side by side shot. Dont really know if its a mfg issue or by design.

I dont have any issues with it actually it does not hamper function.

M

·
Registered
140 Posts
looks great!

Interesting mounting of your rear saddle baggies too... unique to say the least

Yea the whole Harley thing... whatever... I am over keeping up with the Jones's,
Harley, Honda whatever.

Ride whatever you wanna....:peace:

·
Registered
151 Posts
looks great!

Interesting mounting of your rear saddle baggies too... unique to say the least

Yea the whole Harley thing... whatever... I am over keeping up with the Jones's,
Harley, Honda whatever.

Ride whatever you wanna....:peace:
Really it's a swingarm bag, you coul buy it on www.himalayaleather.com for a few bucks compared to other web stores.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
56 Posts
Great looking mod M! I love originality and innovation. Look for this to be a bolt on mod in next year's mc catalog, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have sent Cobra an email to see if there is any interest in the concept!

Thanks for the feedback!

M

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
kawavulcan... which route did you take to make your 09 green... did you get it painted or did you replace the tins?...just curious

·
BOTM Winner, October/2012
291 Posts
kawavulcan... which route did you take to make your 09 green... did you get it painted or did you replace the tins?...just curious

i thought that was a color option in 09 for the custom? or maybe the dealer had a leftover 08 still when i was bought mine in 09

·
Registered
56 Posts
Oops, thanks for pointing that out to me. I had my bike listed as an '09 this whole time and it's really an '08. That was a factory color in '08. Thanks!

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
ya i thought it would have been an 08 cuz green was only offered that one year !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts