Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, October/2012
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else turn their Custom into more of a "LT"? Heres a pic of mine (yeah, yeah i know its dirty...just came out of winter hibernation to have its new Freedom Performance pipes put on). I like the lines of the custom better but wanted some of the more "comfort" features.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Nice bike! How do you like the FP exhaust? I just put on the very same pipes yesterday. I took them for a short spin today. Suckers are loud but I like them. I'll try to sneak out from work at lunchtime tomorrow and take some pics. The only things I have left to do now are to add a solo seat and replace stock run/turn signals with aftermarket running lights. I have the lights but don't know if I can do the hook-up myself.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got an 800A that has grown into something of a street GLIDE clone ,not that it wasn't a look alike before . Ok by me . You've got a sharp ride , keep at it. peace love and bugsplatter papasurf

·
BOTM Winner, October/2012
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks good man! still liking the pipes? raining here, i havent been able to go on a ride since putting them on :(

·
Registered
269 Posts
both good looking rides!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thanks. I think I'll go ahead and hard mount the bags this weekend. I have a set of Easy Brackets I've had for more than a year. I would also like to hard mount my toolbag to the front of the bike since the leather straps tend to sag over time. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
heres mine ...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Wow that is sweet ride Whiting!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, May 2013
207 Posts
I second that on Whiting's Custom. I love his LT with matching bags and trailer too. I just put a batwing and lightbar on my 2010 red Classic this winter, and on our first ride out with the new gear, I t-boned a deer. We rode through it and stayed up, but the bike is in the shop and not looking so good. Still waiting for the estimate. I think the shop owner will have enough paint to do the batwing to match, so there's the silver lining - not as important as my wife coming out of the situation unharmed though. Good luck with your mods!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts