Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why oh why does nobody make extensions for the 900 Custom forward controls. You can get them for HD's, Honda's, Yamaha's, Suzuki's etc but not the 900. I know Grumpyworth used to make them, I've tried to contact him with no reply. It's so annoying :frown2:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Why oh why does nobody make extensions for the 900 Custom forward controls. You can get them for HD's, Honda's, Yamaha's, Suzuki's etc but not the 900. I know Grumpyworth used to make them, I've tried to contact him with no reply. It's so annoying :frown2:
I hear ya. Ebay has a few sellers, but they are replacements with one selling 6" extended FC's. MeanCycles has a couple brands, too, but they are PRICEY!

You can find anything else for the 900, but not extensions!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya. Ebay has a few sellers, but they are replacements with one selling 6" extended FC's. MeanCycles has a couple brands, too, but they are PRICEY!

You can find anything else for the 900, but not extensions!
Yeah, I've seen the replacement controls, I'm in two minds over the 6" ones. They do seem to stick out a lot. I'm not sure if the front wheel would clear my size 14's. The only reason for the change is so I can get on the rear brake pedal without having to take my foot off. I can't get my foot bent back enough.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Yeah, I've seen the replacement controls, I'm in two minds over the 6" ones. They do seem to stick out a lot. I'm not sure if the front wheel would clear my size 14's. The only reason for the change is so I can get on the rear brake pedal without having to take my foot off. I can't get my foot bent back enough.
Have you tried rotating the foot brake forward a bit? Should be able to do that like the foot shifter.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I've tried that but then I find I can't get any pressure on the pedal. To make it workable the pedal is below my foot. How do you have yours? The pics shows mine, excuse the green socks, lol

·
Registered
918 Posts
Since I ride a 900 LT, it has floorboards. So, I don't have the same rotating room as a custom.

Basically, you need the arm of the brake pedal shortened. You could do that yourself, if you wanted. Extensions won't solve your issue. They will move everything forward.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a shame, for me I mean, not you. Do you raise your foot keeping your heel on the board to get to your brake? Like you would driving a car I suppose.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More like slide it back a little and lift my toes up. I also wear cowboy style work boots. The whole thing becomes automatic and I don't think about it.
Got it. Thanks for taking the time with this it's given me something to work with. Ride Safe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You must have small feet. The toes of my boots always slide under the brake pedal.

Actually size 11... I ride with my toes slightly angled outward on the board, when I need to brake, I just raise my toes, pivot my foot over onto the pedal and depress..... Its actually very similar to what you do in a car to go from the accel pedal to the brake.. very instinctive natural feeling

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually size 11... I ride with my toes slightly angled outward on the board, when I need to brake, I just raise my toes, pivot my foot over onto the pedal and depress..... Its actually very similar to what you do in a car to go from the accel pedal to the brake.. very instinctive natural feeling
I think that's my problem on the Custom there's no way to just pivot my foot. How do you find the shift side? I'm thinking maybe I should switch to boards.

·
Registered
10 Posts
shift side works great. Most of my riding boots fit between the board and the shift lever. Only ones that don't are my redwing work boots. then I just use the heel shifter at the back of the board. when I bought my 2015 classic, I tried both the custom and the classic and I just liked the floorboards better. Of course the whitewalls and matte white paint might have swayed me :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
I think that's my problem on the Custom there's no way to just pivot my foot. How do you find the shift side? I'm thinking maybe I should switch to boards.
Since my bike came with the heel part of the shifter deleted, I had to rotate my shifter up so my work boots fit underneath.

I would like to see extensions for my foot controls, too. It would be nice to have them moved forward a few inches and the floorboards are more angled to match the leg angle.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Let's keep our fingers crossed that someone reads this thread & starts making some. Thinking about it I'm going to start a new thread asking people if they would like to see extensions made available.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Matt @ Vulcanlife from the group makes forward control extensions. He ships fast, I think they were around 150 bucks. They move your feet forward about 4-4.5 inches. Made my Vulcan 900 custom much more comfortable. I'm 6'5 size 15 boot FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts