Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Memphis Shades is where I got mine... I got the 9" spoiler and adjusted it as high as it would go but it's still about 2 inches below eye level (I'm 5 foot 10"). The 12" windshield might be a better choice for highway speeds but I'm ok with it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
How do you like it? Nice stereo? Easy install?
Nice that you had no sales tax in U.S. They would kill us here in Canada

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do you like it? Nice stereo? Easy install?
Nice that you had no sales tax in U.S. They would kill us here in Canada
There is a 75$ shipping fee and the fairing I got was 775 with hardware and paint. I haven't gotten it yet takes about a month to get here, but there are videos online of installation and they also have on there website diagrams for installation of hardware which is nice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is definitely worth it. comes with everything, windshield, trim, stereo. I found it to be a much better value than the Memphis shades fairing. ms charges charge 300 for fairing alone. then 150 for hardware then 150 for trim then 100 for the windshield. plus shipping. so you pay around the same amount for a basic fairing opposed to something that has a full stereo with Bluetooth an amplifiers and remote controls

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Yeah very nice. Even the one with the GPS as well is a super deal considering a motorcycle GPS is about $500-$600 bucks!
Post some pics. Install looks as easy as the Memphis shade one I have.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya, I almost got that one, just couldn't bring myself to spend 1k. the cool thing about the Boox fairing, the fold down storage area has a holder for your phone so it will display your phone screen when lid is closed. ill post pics once I get it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I hope that works out, I honestly do. I'm an optimist and glass is half-full kind of guy.

The Tsukayu product line is made in China & Memphis Shades is made in the U.S.A. I actually tried to find out where Tsukaya were located via their website and they omit this entirely (but they willingly relate they've been in business for 15 years). Memphis Shades clearly says, "Made in the USA - Made in Memphis!" Additionally, if it matter at all, "Memphis Shades windshields and fairings are DOT (Department of Transport) approved and conform to American Nation Standards Institute (ANSI) Z26.1 - 1996, Group 6, Safety Glazing Material for use in Windscreens for Motorcycles."

There are some Youtube reviews from fanboys made after installation or are clearly advertisements that use Asian actors. One thing I find contradictory is the pics I see of people putting this Chinese fairing on a Harley.

The one negative American review I saw was after 1 year of ownership, posted in 2018, and he said "Too be fair, the Fairing itself is a decent Fairing. If you can order the Fairing alone and purchase your own stereo and speakers you’d probably be happy with your purchase". His Youtube review displayed inoperative stereo/speakers he called "junk".

·
Registered
59 Posts
Loving bats

I have to say I like the look of the 900 bagger on this vid: /www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ8R3zTrwfc
I think this model was supplied by Kawasaki to order.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a Memphis Shades Batwing on my 2019 900 classic. Its an easy install. I also have a Memphis shades batwing mounting hardware set for sale that may work for you bike. 1/2 the stock price. Check the part number to be sure that it is right for your bike. The sales posting is here in the classified section of this forum.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts