Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking for going with 12" Burly narrow apes with risers from a Classic and wondering about cable lengths. Anyone with a Custom using 12" narrow apes and the Classic's risers with stock cabling? Figure the Classic's risers are 1.5" IIRC. I know the clutch has to be swapped out, but I already have a Classic clutch cable. Does all the cabling need to still go longer than stock? Searched for answers already but found nothing yet. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,349 Posts
I have read on this forum that you can put up to 10“ apes on a Classic without any cable or wiring modification. Don’t know if the Classic clutch cable you have and the other cables and wires will go to 12“. On my Classic had to move the cables, brake hose, and wiring to the rear of the upper triple tree. Also had to disconnect the wiring from some stays near the fuel tank. Here is a search the at discusses 12” apes. If you need a set of Classic risers I have a perfect set off my Classic that I will sell. I installed 4” risers.

·
Registered
'05 800B
1,458 Posts
if you need new longer brake line hose, try spieglerusa.com custom made find a Spiegler dealer and order the length you need

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Tourer, let me think about my options and I'll let you know about the risers. I have 3-1/4" risers I made and am using with the Custom's stock bars. The difference in comfort is profound but I feel I should go maybe 1.5"-2" more higher cuz I'm still leaning a bit forward.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts