Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't poste lately, to busy riding when not working. I was rididng yesterday and pulled into the Leonard Harris State park by the Pa. Grand Canyon and while going very slow (thankfully) the bike felt like something grabbed t and was holding back and it made a grinding noise. Well what had happened was a stone from the gravel road had somehow got on top of the belt and went to the motor where it got wedged between the motor and the belt. Once I figured out what had hapened I pushed the bike backwards and got the stone out. The only damage I see that it did was gouge the belt (out side center) it dosen't appear to be very deep. I'm getting my rear tire replaced in a couple days so I will get a better look at the belt then. Anyway Is there an aftermarket belt out there! If so where? I looked on bike bandit and they want !!!!!!$375.00!!!!!!!!! HOLY KISS MY A--!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drive belt question?

The gouge (scrape) in my belt isn't very deep, not even close to the cross fibers. My only question is, is it safe. It really don't look like it weakened it, just bugs me.

·
Registered
976 Posts
How long do these belts last?
There is no Replace at line for the belt in the manual. There is only inspect. I've got over 35,000 miles on mine and it still looks pretty new, no damage.

Tell ya what, when I get to 100,000 I'll let ya know how it looks then.

·
Registered
66 Posts
There is no Replace at line for the belt in the manual. There is only inspect. I've got over 35,000 miles on mine and it still looks pretty new, no damage.

Tell ya what, when I get to 100,000 I'll let ya know how it looks then.
Great answer;) I was worried because someone told me 10K miles.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Punched a stone all the way through mine a year ago. It has a quarter inch hole right in the middle of it. I was told as long as the tear is in the center of the belt and not the edge just keep riding. 3000 miles later it's still going strong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts