Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not normally a windshield kind of guy on cruisers but was wondering of others experience using one. I'd like something that makes highway rides a smoother experience. I'm used to Sport style bikes which really knife through the air. The Vulcan is like riding a barn door down the highway compared to my Ninja. I really hate the look of the Kawasaki factory Vulcan windscreen. Was hoping someone has found a smaller, more sporty screen that smooth's out the ride.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,856 Posts
There's all kinds you can put on. I have the standard windshield. I took it off once to get a good cleaning all around and thought this bike looks bad ass without it. After hitting 80 on the highway it went back on.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I've got the stock windshield, which I don't mind. However, you really need lowers with it to travel at highway speed. They make a Huge difference. Also, I have it on the lowest setting and still look through it rather than over it unless I stretch. I'm only 5-6, so I imagine maybe 5-10 and up guys see over it on the lowest setting. I thought about cutting it, but I've gotten used to looking through it.

Sounds like you're looking for a shorter, sportier shield. No idea whether such a shield would generate the same buffeting problems as the stock shield without lowers.

Cheers,
Dan

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'll be going to the Batwing fairing with a 9 inch screen, I don't much care for the look of windshields but the bat looks good imo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts