Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought vance and hines slash cuts for my 2010 900 classic not worried about installing the pipes myself but the fuelpak that i bought says i need to remove the fuel tank to install it is that really a must or can i just lift it up a little bit to make enough room to plug in the censors.. and im also thinking about taking the baffels out .. any insight would be great trying to do it all myself shops around here are expensive and wont install parts unless you buy from them... plus im a newbie to riding ...this is my first bike!

·
Registered
701 Posts
I believe that the pipes will be very loud with the baffles removed. I heard a set on you tube, you could hear the bike 3 blocks away...lol I have these and they are pretty loud with the baffles in them. I would try it out first then decide about removing them. I currently have them on my 06 LT.

·
Registered
256 Posts
WITH the baffles, these pipes are LOUD. Lots of hammering and ear ringing at highway speed. Hard Kore baffles settle them down a bit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the same set up on my bike, and I find that the exhaust is loud enough wit the baffles in. I do not think I would like it, if it was any louder.

The gas tank is pretty easy to remove. I have less than zero mechanical knowledge, and was able to remove it in just a few minutes.

·
Registered
950 Posts
the fuelpak that i bought says i need to remove the fuel tank to install it is that really a must or can i just lift it up a little bit
First, welcome to the Vulcan club. I hope you enjoy riding as much as the rest of us!

No, you do not have to remove the tank. Just remove the two bolts and support it with a rolled up t-shirt.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the advice im still up in the air about removing the baffles my dad has a 800 drifter with hard krome pipes and its way loud but the come factory with out baffles so i dont know if mine being a 900 would make it louder than his... he has hearing aids and has to take them out when he rides guess ill just try both and see what comes of it also thanks for the tips on the fuel tank ... will be installing pipes and fuel pak next week

1 - 6 of 6 Posts