Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am pretty sure this isn't all in my head but my bike seems to pull to right if I let go of handlebars. Also seem to be leaning left (I assume to compensate) to keep straight. 5000 miles on a 09 900 classic. Original tires. This something I can fix in my limited garage of something I be best taking to dealer?

Any thoughts be appreciated. I ride with it like this just don't feel its correct.

Frank

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
chech the alignment of rear wheel in relation to front. Does the belt track straight in the rear sprocket?
A laser pointer mounted on a box or crate and a measuring stick are about all needed for tools.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stupid question here: You sure it's not just the crown of the road?
Nope not a stupid question but answer is no its any road. I will try and check the alignment of the front to the back. I read somewhere about using a piece of string so I will find some string and check.

·
Registered
54 Posts
chech the alignment of rear wheel in relation to front. Does the belt track straight in the rear sprocket?
A laser pointer mounted on a box or crate and a measuring stick are about all needed for tools.
Ok, here is the stupid question.

Can you explain to me how to align the wheels with the laser pointer?
What marks to use? ect. I’m trying to figure it out because my bike also seems to pull a little right. When I let go for a moment I have to lean to the left also.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If it was me, I'd take it back to the dealer while its still under warranty. Wouldn't hurt to have it checked out.

·
Registered
976 Posts
The alignment marks on the 900's, unless yours has had an accident, are generally pretty close. Least I haven't heard anyone say their's were way off. Take a look at the marks and see if they aren't pretty close. You'll have to lift the brake line on the pipe side but they should be close.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Stupid answer: don't let go of the handlebar! :rolleyes:
Above all the other answeres, this one, by far, is the one that makes more sense to me. Im Army and thats exactly what I would tell one of my Soldiers if they were to ask me the same question I posted. LOL Thanks geezer, I will remember that one.

Thanks for the suggestions and help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts