Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching but failed to find information on the differences between say a 2016 and 2017 Classic LT. I'm mauling over a 2010 and 2015 as well. The only thing I've noticed are the different paint jobs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I've been searching but failed to find information on the differences between say a 2016 and 2017 Classic LT. I'm mauling over a 2010 and 2015 as well. The only thing I've noticed are the different paint jobs.

Thanks.
Paint job is the only difference between the years. The 900 has remained the same since it first went into production. Starting in 2009, Kawasaki revamped the stator to last longer. That's about it. Kawasaki is known to do that with their cruisers. Look at the KLR650. It stayed with the 1st generation body style until around 2010. Other than that, everything else has virtually stayed the same (they recently beefed up the suspension on newer models). The Vulcan 750 never changed since it first went into production except the motor went from a 700 to a 750 at one point. I guess Kawasaki's motto is, "Why change when it sells as is?" Although, I really wish Kawasaki offered more paint jobs for their bikes. At the very least, let the available paint jobs be shared amongst all bike models.

·
Registered
918 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
between 2013 and 2014 the seat was redesigned to make it more comfortable. this may be a factor in your decision as you may not need a aftermarket seat.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Didnt they also add an oxygen sensor circuit at some point?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts