Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are alot of threads about the rear tires, they don't seem hard to find, but whar are most of you using on the front of the classic, i would like to match it to a rear from the same brand, metzeler's don't seem to have an 880 for our front, and the 888 they make is tubeless in front, pirelli has a night dragon 200 that i'd like to use in the rear, but only a route66 tire for the front, whats yoiur choice....thanks.....happy holidays.....ride on.....

·
Registered
600 Posts
Replaced my original 404's ( 12k miles)this year with the same. 130 frt- 170 rear. Took them from NY to CA and back no problems..

·
Registered
673 Posts
I still run Dunlop 404's F/R most others on the forum tend to dismiss them.
Happy with mileage F15K/R11K. Both are a tubeless tire. It might be the cooler temps here, but they wear good and stick great. Twice a cycle I put on 2k+miles at higher speeds 70+ with temps in the high 90's. R 180/80/15 F 130/90/16
I think the makeup of the roads you drive and the style of your driving have a lot to do with mileage & proper inflation 85-95% max pressure with load.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Replaced my original 404s with Metzlers - 880 on the rear at 10K and 888 on the front at 20K. Run both with tubes on a 2012 Classic / spoked wheels. Bike rides great. Currently have 14K on the rear with minimal wear and 8K on the front and it looks like new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts