Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted before about whether my vaquero might overheat since it gets so hot and low and behold I had my worst day of riding it yet. It was over 90 and I was stop and go for about an hour and it was awful. The gage stayed just below the top, my legs are medium well from the heat off the motor and I felt a little dizzy at times from the heat but the motor didn't overheat. It was a horrible ride home after a long day at work but at least my bike was tested and didn't overheat. But once it finally opened up it felt so good to get some wind in my face.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I posted before about whether my vaquero might overheat since it gets so hot and low and behold I had my worst day of riding it yet. It was over 90 and I was stop and go for about an hour and it was awful. The gage stayed just below the top, my legs are medium well from the heat off the motor and I felt a little dizzy at times from the heat but the motor didn't overheat. It was a horrible ride home after a long day at work but at least my bike was tested and didn't overheat. But once it finally opened up it felt so good to get some wind in my face.
An hour in stop and go in the 90's without a break is miserable in or on anything without air.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
That's when you google map back roads and less stop and go and enjoy the ride

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's when you google map back roads and less stop and go and enjoy the ride
clearly does not live in washington
(and yes i know youre in florida)

lot of traffic here, no 90s yet but close and the hottest the bikes gets is just over the 3/4 spot or (4th mark). below "hot" and the fan cools it back down a touch, seems to hover there. and usually sticks on the 1/4 or 1/2 when cruising depending on air temp

·
Registered
580 Posts
These bikes are perfect for Canadian riding, it normally doesn't get much past the low 80s here and in the spring and fall it makes for a nice heater

1 - 6 of 6 Posts