Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1986 Vulcan 750. I went to the store and bought a battery...I let the guy take my core and give me the new one.. Should have checked it but didn't >.< When i got home i just hooked it up like normal. NOt paying attention to the + and - because was sunny out. THought was same battery...

Anyway...hooked it up and went to start it...well of course it didn't start. But, when i figured out why..got a new battery..the blinkers didn't work.. I checked the fuses.. was 1 fuse blown but wasn't the blinker one...No melted wires...all rest lights work..but the blinkers.. and bulbs are fine...

any help on this ...

·
Registered
546 Posts
im surprised you where able to hook the battery backwards normally it would short out

you did not say if the engine started or crancked over ??

I would start by checking the master fuse on the start relay it may have a rubber boot covering the fuse

good luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im surprised you where able to hook the battery backwards normally it would short out

you did not say if the engine started or crancked over ??

I would start by checking the master fuse on the start relay it may have a rubber boot covering the fuse

good luck
well it didn't spark...that would have been obvious to me. I did try and it didn't even crank over so then i checked the lights...i thought they worked but can't remember now. I tried a jumper pack on it..and it started with it on but as soon as i removed it..it died. I then removed the battery to check maybe i didn't charge it enough or bad connection since it didn't crank..then i noticed the positive plus sign ...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lights would not work if that fuse was blown.
the headlight didn't work at first then i checked the connections..it went on not sure why or how after i put it back together. the tail light and brake light worked so did the ignition display...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Try replacing the Blinker fuse. Sometimes we look better than we feel.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how do i decifer that? was told was an a2 when i bought it. The a1 is a 700, no? this one is a 749 i believe..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts