Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a full seat with a compartment on the back and i wanna remove it and install this seat. Wondering if its possible without any modifications. I know my seat is attached threw the back of the compartment and how would this seat attach to the bike?

Attachments

·
Banned
37 Posts
I currently have a full seat with a compartment on the back and i wanna remove it and install this seat. Wondering if its possible without any modifications. I know my seat is attached threw the back of the compartment and how would this seat attach to the bike?
If you are purchasing it from a reputable resaler and they claim it will fit then there should be no problem.

·
Banned
37 Posts
I found the add on eBay and you need to read the fine print.

I am selling an Motorcycle Pleated seat cover for a kawasaki VN750 1986-95 in black.

BTW, I suggest you check out vn750.com as well for more ideas on our bikes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would a honda seat also work? I found used in mint shape for 10.00 on ebay. With the vulcan 1600 seat did you just have to drill and mount or did you have to make a bracket to install them?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ive heard the vn900 seat you need to remove the seat cover and mount your brackets t to the seat then mount to the fender and frame

·
Banned
37 Posts
Would a honda seat also work? I found used in mint shape for 10.00 on ebay. With the vulcan 1600 seat did you just have to drill and mount or did you have to make a bracket to install them?
Don't know about the Honda but I used all existing brackets from the 1600.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is minor modifications needed but my boss owns a metal shop so i can fab up a couple brackets for mounting. Im assuming most of the seat would need some minor fab work to make it work anyways

1 - 17 of 17 Posts