Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have been toying with the idea of buying a 85 Kawi KL 600 that is posted for sale local to me. Only issue is that it does not have a complete engine and I am having difficulty finding parts. I haven't seen it in person yet, but from the ad pics, it appears to need the top end of the engine. The cylinder, head, valve cover and all of the hardware to those components...have only been able to find one used head, for $400. Ebay has cylinders for sale, no head or valve covers though.

Anybody have a good idea as to where I should look or call?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Boy o boy this brings back memories...I had a 1984 KLR600 that I had for many years and over 20,000 miles. Beat the crap outa it and had lotsa fun.

We used to have a Thursday nite thumper ride back in the mid 80"s when we had about 5 different places we could ride at nite on trails. I had a 100 watt hi-beam that made it like daylite.

Man o man those were the days.

Good luck in ur search for stuff.

RACNRAY

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually passed on the purchase of it!! I called the widowed lady, she said another guy came to look at it. The other guy noticed that the whole inside of the tank was rusted, as were the clutch/throttle/brake cables. She said that the cylinder and head MIGHT be there, as her husband had like 12 other project bikes and all the parts were thrown in a box....sounded like to much money for what i was looking for.

But I do love those mid 80's enduro's!! There is just something about them. Still been looking for one, either to just ride, or a decent project to work on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts