Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my 800 classic speedo is not working and I really dont want to take the back tire off again. I have read that the 750 and 1500 drive off the front tire can this be fitted to work on a 800 it would be so much easier to work on. Has anyone tried this. I searched the site and didnt really find anything

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
It is very likely the receiver in the hub thats bent from misalignment, this will have to be fixed to make the speedo cable spin. A quick check is to remove the cable from the hub and spin with your fingers while looking for movement on the speedo needle. If it moves, your problem is in the hub. If it dont move, it may be you cable. Disconect from speedo and see if you can pull it both ways at once. If no, you may have a bad speedo, but have not heard of any going bad. You will have to spin cable kinda fast to get movement. I'll bet it the receiver though. As for the front wheel drive, I cant say if it'll work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had it apart already i believe the problem is in the brake hub cable is good and i bought a new one before i found out that the gears are not turning just didn't want to pull the back tire again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts