Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a friendly reminder that I am no longer a kid. The wife and I thought it would be a good time to let my 4 year old try her hand at skating. So we packed her up and took her down to the local rink. The wife and I decided that maybe we should take a few laps own our own before we take her out just to make sure we still could. It had only been 6 years since she had been on skates and well over 15 years for me. Long story short I laced up the "High Quality" rental skates :rolleyes:. Took me about to laps around the rink and started to feel ok on them again. I took my guard down and no sooner than I did I ended up on the couch with my foot on a pillow and an ice pack, a bruise the size of a baseball on my elbow and another one on my knee. The last 8 years of working behind a desk and getting lazy has not been kind to me. OUCH. And I also missed a weekend of 70 degree riding. :(

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Ah, the joys of growing old! And from someone who knows, the good news is that it's all downhill from here! :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts