Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have a 2005 VN750, I’m not sure which issues you have read about but my guess is they were about the electrical system. Almost every bike is going to have issues at one point or another. To answer your question though, Kawasaki made this bike for 21yrs straight and basically made no changes to it throughout the production run. So yes, you’ll read about the issues on the forums but there are many many more of these bikes out there that do not have problems. If they were all bad they wouldn’t have been produced for so long.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike. I certainly don't want to stir a hornets nest. Anything man mad can fail, that's a fact. It's a Vulcan 750 that I'm looking at, if that matters. I was an auto mechanic very early in my career and am not afraid to turn a wrench these days. However, I'd lie to concentrate more on my riding skills, rather than tinker at this point.

·
Registered
438 Posts
If it’s in good running shape then it’s a good beginner bike because it’s light enough to not feel like it will be a beast to handle but it’s got a respectably powerful motor that you won’t grow out of. This is my first “real” bike, (had a scooter first for a little while) and its about 2 1/2 yrs I have it and probably not getting rid of it anytime soon. I too and not shy to work on it but I don’t have a garage. So to be honest the major problem with this bike can be the stator, not that it’s odd for a bike to blow a stator but there’s a design “flaw” in the 750 in that you have to remove the engine to swap out the stator. I did blow mine out and had to pay some $$$ to get it fixed because I wasn’t prepared to break the whole bike down on the sidewalk. As much of a pain that was to deal with the truth is that the stator was 14yrs old. If the replacement lasts that long I’d hardly look at that as an problem and more of normal wear and tear.
When the bike is running and taken care of it’s a great bike. I have put almost 7K miles on it since I bought it in 2018

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.