Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, monday 2. juni i am going to normandie in France to the 70 years anniversary of D-DAY. (june,6 1944)
Its a 2300 miles trip. The 900 is ready( so am i )
I have seen almost all there is about WW2, so its gonna be a special feeling to se the beaches where the landing took place.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ride safely, and step into the memories of that day. I knew a man who loved flying, and said he learned to fly many years ago, in the armed services. He didn't add any details. I learned more of the story when I buried him ... he was one of few glider pilots who survived that day ... his love of flying never faded, but he didn't talk about it.

Savor the journey,
Grandpa

·
Registered
75 Posts
That's Awesome Pumper! Here in the states I have visited a lot of our Civil War sites and it is always very humbling. Being Prior service Army and a history buff, I would go crazy to see some of the places over there. My Wife was a German major in college and got to spend a lot of time in Europe and has seen some of the battle sites and loved it. I imagine it will be an amazing trip.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Back from normandy. WAAAAAAU. It was a trip back in time. There will be pic.
10 miles into the trip, i got ALIEN NOICE. Bike 8000 miles,2006 vn 900 classic. 300 miles later it start to lack power( horn didnt work) and then it was as if you turn it on and of.
I took the speed down from 80 mph to 70 mph and it ran great.
The little kawa made down and back 2050 miles and i am so proud of it.
( the alien noice has not got better durring the trip)
I will get back with some numbers volts/ohm, but it is strange that its make 14,5v at the battery at iddle.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am Happy that you were able to go to Normandy. My father was there in WW2 (E company 505 82nd Airborne) he landed just outside of Ste Mere Eglise.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was a tuff deal landing there. Germans was ready due to a fire in a hause and was meeting them with lead.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
normandiet (3).jpg paratrooper in mere st eglise

normandiet (32).jpg 70 years old holes. No fun beeing German either

normandiet (44).jpg Pegasus brigde. Very importan capture. Still got bulletholes

normandiet (41).jpg First building captured

1 - 14 of 14 Posts