Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive read thru alot of post and heard alot of good and bad things.....long story short I decided to get it anyway...Ive had it on for about a month, ride did change, the stirring took a few rides to get use to, Ive found that you have to get into your turns a bit earlier, at high speeds of up to 90mph (100mph on guage) it felt good and stable, with all the talk about stability at high speeds I havent pushed it to its limits as of yet lol......low speeds is pretty good to, I dont feel like Im all over the places......like I said the ride is definitely different and takes time getting use to, Ive only been riding for 2 seasons so Im sure if your a season rider you should be able to adjust alot quicker....last but not least Im adding the lowering kit sometime next week....do you guys think this will add or take aways from the stirring or will it remain the same? thanks in advance:)

·
Registered
167 Posts
im sorry..but why would you rake a perfectly balanced bike....i always thought that raking takes away the lines of the bike completely...but im glad you like it

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have been thinking about this too. I do ride the bike pretty hard at times. how much slower is the steering. I ride a lot of twisty mountain roads. I do love the look. keep us posted after the lowering kit. And post some pics!!!!!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
How did you rake it? Is there an aftermarket tripletree? Did you extend the forks with the rake?

I have the rear of mine lowered, and i REALLY like it. Still stable in the corners and i feel more like i'm placed "into" the bike rather than "on" it.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
im sorry..but why would you rake a perfectly balanced bike....i always thought that raking takes away the lines of the bike completely...but im glad you like it
Dude! For the same reason you took a perfectly good engine and added aftermarket intake and messed with your exhaust. Because it's your bike and you could!

I really like the open look of a moderate rake and Kawasaki knows there's a market for it... hence the 21" narrow tire on the custom.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been thinking about this too. I do ride the bike pretty hard at times. how much slower is the steering. I ride a lot of twisty mountain roads. I do love the look. keep us posted after the lowering kit. And post some pics!!!!!
Ive only open it up on straight aways lol.......this past weekend we took a trip where there was alot of twisties (first time with the rake) I drove a consistent 35/40....like I said its only been 2 seasons of riding for me...I only put 6000 miles on my bike out of that 300 miles with the rake.....Im not as agressive with the rake, like I said right away you will feel the difference but you get use to it.......I'll keep you posted about the lowering kit! heres a picture...I still wanna put a 210 tire kit on sometime over the winter........

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How did you rake it? Is there an aftermarket tripletree? Did you extend the forks with the rake?

I have the rear of mine lowered, and i REALLY like it. Still stable in the corners and i feel more like i'm placed "into" the bike rather than "on" it.
I got the morton 7 degree triple tree from mean cycles...it took forever to come but I really love the look once they got it installed........I only changed the tree...they did not mention anything about forks......

·
Registered
167 Posts
ok i have to admit...i thought it was a choooped out rake...im sorry that actually looks quite tough

·
Registered
747 Posts
Ive only open it up on straight aways lol.......this past weekend we took a trip where there was alot of twisties (first time with the rake) I drove a consistent 35/40....like I said its only been 2 seasons of riding for me...I only put 6000 miles on my bike out of that 300 miles with the rake.....Im not as agressive with the rake, like I said right away you will feel the difference but you get use to it.......I'll keep you posted about the lowering kit! heres a picture...I still wanna put a 210 tire kit on sometime over the winter........
http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/accessory-swap-meet/116936-210-rear-wheel-sale-900c.html

·
Registered
306 Posts
dude that looks sweet....but is that a dent in your tank or just a reflection...hope its nota dent...but then if it is bring on the custom paint!!!!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
850 huh... did you install yourself or have a shop do it... if you used a shop what was the out the door price?
I got a great deal on the install, the shop charged me $324 and that was with the new turn signals.....the rake took a long time to come(6weeks) so he gave me a deal on the install....rake $825+ $324=$1149.....the labor cost was priced out at $55 hour........

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok i have to admit...i thought it was a choooped out rake...im sorry that actually looks quite tough
thanks...I just wanted a slight rake....it actually puts the wheel out there 6 inches more than stock.....I didnt think 6 inches would make that big of a difference but it did....not only in the look but the ride as well....Im still not sure if this mod is for those who ride hard, after I get some more miles under my belt I will let yall know......

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Sweet! Thanks for the photo. The 7° seems a little pricey for my wallet though, i think i'll stick with the 6.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts