Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GF just got a 2015 white 650S. She came off a 250 Rebel and upgraded to the 650S. When she had the 250 I told her it was only 50cc about scooter level and nick named it dinky.
She really does like this 650S and to me it is a baby bike still because my smallest bike is a ZRX1100 that is kitted - lowered - 7 in over and pops high 9's. I kinda said that even tho it is bigger than a scooter it is still not an adult bike. I told her that it is only half the size of a real Kawasaki and bikes like hers are called "Kwacks".

I am so glad I found out what her temper is like before I ever thought of stepping up this relationship.

:foot-in-mouth:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Between the Subaru STI and the 650S can we change your board name to "TurboKwak"?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Call me whatever you want. At least I can drive a stick shift further than 2 feet.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
GF just got a 2015 white 650S. She came off a 250 Rebel and upgraded to the 650S. When she had the 250 I told her it was only 50cc about scooter level and nick named it dinky.
She really does like this 650S and to me it is a baby bike still because my smallest bike is a ZRX1100 that is kitted - lowered - 7 in over and pops high 9's. I kinda said that even tho it is bigger than a scooter it is still not an adult bike. I told her that it is only half the size of a real Kawasaki and bikes like hers are called "Kwacks".

I am so glad I found out what her temper is like before I ever thought of stepping up this relationship.

:foot-in-mouth:
I'm sorry that you have to compensate for your shortcomings by purchasing and ruining such BIG machines. As you mature hopefully you will learn to keep your mouth shut. Though I'm sure that your GF will have moved on by then as women generally mature faster than men.
Remember: Less is more

·
Registered
260 Posts
It seems the first post in this discussion is from 2016, but a newer thread on this bike is this:

2015 Vulcan-S (white) It is the wifes bike and she has not ridden it in over 2 years. She bought it new 05/2016 and today still has less than 400 miles. I pulled it out and put some fresh gas in it and aired up 2 almost flat tires. I normally ride a FJR and ZX14 so this thing is kinda foreign to me. It is set up for a short person and I am 5 ft 9 in and 250 lbs. I really look funny riding it but to zip around town it is kinda fun AND it has no problem doing 100 indicated with a little extra power to go. I started riding it 2 weeks ago and have put around 150 miles on it. It has Viking saddle bags - 29L Shad trrunk and a rider backrest so it has some storage to play with. Somewhere she lost her confidence with 2 wheels and now wants a Can-Am so iffens she pulls that one off I might set this little one up for a taller fat guy to play on. Compared to what I am used to riding it is scary slow but after getting a little used to it the bike really has no problem getting along with traffic whether it be around town or hiway.

The bike has surprised me and I kinda like it....... (y)
Anyway, if she wants to ride, she has to ride what she is comfortable with and enjoys. If you want to ride with her, then you have to accept that fact, and let her ride her own ride. And, it seems from that other thread (quoted above), that you've since ridden it yourself a bit more, and found it a bit of fun.

Good luck to you both!

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
133 Posts
I say to each their own, hopefully that relationship wasnt ruined over motorcycles haha. I can say that as much as I love my Z900 for its power and handling I love my wife's Vulcan S for different reasons, I can really appreciate both bikes for what they are. I find that on my Z900 I tend to ride faster and more spirited whereas on the Vulcan I don't feel so inclined to rip it up and I just chill, though I am happy it has enough power to get up and go when needed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well here it is 4 1/2 years later and the "Little V" only has 293 miles on it. Somewhere she lost her confidence and quit riding it. Today we picked up a 2020 Can-Am limited for her and did a 155 mile scenic ride home. She loves it. Now after all the funning I did with her obout the "S" being a baby bike and barely bigger than a scooter I have changed it over to the extended set up and the old fat guy (me) will start putting around on it. I had to order the shift rod for the extended shifter setting and that will be a week before I see it. She just told me the Karma Bug just did a butt bite on me. :unsure:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Glad it didn't hurt your relationship and happy that you are giving the bike a chance! I am creeping up on 250 miles ridden on my wife's Vulcan and keep finding more and more enjoyment from it though my Z900 is much more my style and I love that bike even more! Either way the S is a great little cruiser to chill and enjoy the ride, always happy when I take it for a spin.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shift rod lever came in today and now on the bike so tomorrow is see how all the extended fit stuff works. My FJR is my style and I like it that way but the S is so light and small to the FJR it is fun around town. Last ride on it was really cramped with it all set up for short people so I am hoping it feels better this time.

Reactions: Cpt.Evil

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
63 mile ride today just to see how it feels. I have to give the Baby-V credit as it is kinda of a fun little bike. The rider backrest made the forward controls easy to deal with but it has been a long time since I spent any time on a naked bike. Windy as can be today and no wind protection means I kinda got beat up a little but the little bike did not care and just kept going. Hiway was 5500 to 6000 rpm cruising so zipping along is not a problem. Does not have a problem with corners and the brakes work better than I thought. I am 5ft 9in at 245 lbs and that seems to make the suspension a tad soft and bouncy. I guess other than figuring out what to use for a throttle lock that I could not really complain about the Baby-V.

Reactions: BlueRibbonRM

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am starting to feel bad about the way I downed the little toy bike but I am really starting to like it and I got the ass razz about it from the wife tonite. Took the 5 minute ride to the bank and came back 40 miles later.
Don't know how that happened ........................ :cool:

Reactions: chench53

·
Registered
133 Posts
The 5 minute turned 40 mile trick, gets me every time! Don't feel bad for an old opinion as you can't change the past, just embrace the new found love for the little toy and enjoy it! I will be riding the Vulcan S in the morning and hopefully will finally get to pick up my Z900 from the dealer, two weeks just for an estimate from when it was hit in a parking lot now almost a month ago....tired of waiting and running out of riding weather soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts