Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Supposed to get back to the dealer after 600 miles to make sure everythings tight and the chain is in spec. Also first oil and filter change... though I did this at 550. ( so no need for that )
This service is supposed to work with the Kawasaki 1 year warrantee.
My dealer seemed confused why I wanted to bring it in after 600 miles if I'd changed the oil and filter myself....I'm like 'wow". are you guys even affiliated with Kawasaki ?

My question is has anyone taken theirs in for the 600 mile check up or did you just blow it off??

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
If you didn't take it to them for the first oil change then you can assume you no longer have a warranty, that's most likely why the dealer was confused about you still wanting to bring it in.

I wouldn't worry though, considering the bike is in its 5th year of production with minimal changes made, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you didn't take it to them for the first oil change then you can assume you no longer have a warranty, that's most likely why the dealer was confused about you still wanting to bring it in.

I wouldn't worry though, considering the bike is in its 5th year of production with minimal changes made, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
Weather they or I do the first oil change has no effect on the warranty…. did you seriously write that in all seriousness? Come on man...

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is common on car warranties, well, the free maintenance that some dealerships offer. It's only good as long as they are the only ones doing. The reason being is because if an issue occurs, they are responsible for it. If that problem is because someone else didn't properly do something, they don't want to be responsible for that.

An example here is a dealership here in Oklahoma that offers a lifetime engine replacement warranty, but all maintenance has to be done by them and at the manufacturer suggested intervals. For obvious reasons. Should you decide to go to do it yourself, or some 30 minute lube, or pass the interval, you void it.

Now, I don't know about the specific warranty you're speaking of, I didn't have that, but saying the other person is being ridiculous is far from accurate. They may not be right, but did you not discuss this warranty as you understood it and ask why they either didn't seem aware of it or why they were refusing it? Is this the same dealership you purchased it from? If so, did you speak with your salesperson and broach this topic with them? And, if you're still running into walls, read and know your paperwork, then bring it in and point out what it says and how you understand it. If you still aren't satisfied, take it to Kawasaki.

All we can offer is our opinions and thoughts on this matter as we understand it with the information given. Don't be upset because you don't agree with it. Simply show the facts that weren't originally included, keep it constructive.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Weather they or I do the first oil change has no effect on the warranty…. did you seriously write that in all seriousness? Come on man...
I bought mine at 500 miles and insisted on my dealer doing the 600 mile service before I took possession. 100 miles early. Not just for the oil change. They check all the torques on all the important stuff and that means the bike is tight and if anything goes wrong the warranty is valid. It intimates that in the manual also, it says you should get the first service done at the deale. The previous poster told you the same, it seems you don't like that message so I'll help you out.
What you've done is the right thing and everything will be fine, in fact your bike will never need servicing again and it'll be worth millions in 30 years when you send it to Sotheby's for auction.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lets get back to the question... which is, " Did you take your bike back to the dealer for it's 600+ mile check up ...or not."?
Forget about me doing an oil change...jeebus!

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Yes, I made an appointment upon purchase to have the bikes initial service done 1 week after, which mea t I had to let it sit for 2 days because I got the first 600 out in no time.

Yes, I'm serious, Kawi is very likely to not honor the warranty since they didn't do the first service, it states this in your owner's manual.

·
Registered
295 Posts
My question is has anyone taken theirs in for the 600 mile check up or did you just blow it off??
I have never before seen such a cesspool of dis-information before on here. What some refer to as "facts" are their "facts" that apply to no other person in the world.

Course, when you ask did you do this or that, be warned that the flood gates will open.

I am a mechanic. I did my own 600 mile service. I did not "blow it off". My factory warranty was never in danger of being dis-honored by any dealer or the factory.

warranty.jpg

You do not have to be a mechanic to perform your own work and remain in warranty. You just have to have the proper skill set and the proper tools and know what needs to be done.

The fact that you ask the question about the 600 mile service leads me to believe you are not mechanically inclined. The knowledge of "what" to do is spelled out in the 600 mile service section in the owners manual. If you "don't get it", take your bike to the dealer for servicing at the proper intervals. If you "do get it" start wrenching.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts