Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, as my "9" classic has been completed for some time now and I'm bored as hell, i bit the bullet and got me a 2010 custom in Candy Surf Blue as pictured. I go down on monday and sign the paper work but wont pick it up till after the 8th of next month. (that will give me time to tell Lyn the good news:eek:)

I have some ideas on what i will be doing to it, no shield, hard bags, solo seat, lotsa chrome, hypercharger, custom hitch and trailer. should be fun.

Not a great picture, but here it is.

cheers Maurice

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
congrats and enjoy customizing !!

Cheers
Thanks mate, hows life in the land of OZ ... I'm originally from Alice Springs and have lived in Canada since 86.

·
Registered
166 Posts
All good here mate - mid winter (nights around 46 F with beautiful days with 75 + F ) perfect for riding if you have the time .....

Cheers

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Chop Chop

Well folks, as my "9" classic has been completed for some time now and I'm bored as hell, i bit the bullet and got me a 2010 custom in Candy Surf Blue as pictured. cheers Maurice
57,, yeah, been ther dun that. with the add ons. you can only do so much and then it just becomes too much.

I wanted to do a chop project or bike build. reality is that could be a major budget buster. I picked up this v2k cheap nuff and decided that stripping her down is way more fun. and you can always take more stuff off.
yeah, I did add some tour krap. when my hardley was hosed by the Trik'ster, 6 precious months lost.. I got woozie and bagged the v2k. CSC rescued the hardley and now the RedBear'n went back to my chop shop.

Some of these chopped bobbers are way grooovie. Not for all day or tour riding, but make for a fun ride.. is why we have trux n trailers anyway.

now you got you a new project. chop it. ponchout

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
57,, yeah, been ther dun that. with the add ons. you can only do so much and then it just becomes too much.

I wanted to do a chop project or bike build. reality is that could be a major budget buster. I picked up this v2k cheap nuff and decided that stripping her down is way more fun. and you can always take more stuff off.
yeah, I did add some tour krap. when my hardley was hosed by the Trik'ster, 6 precious months lost.. I got woozie and bagged the v2k. CSC rescued the hardley and now the RedBear'n went back to my chop shop.

Some of these chopped bobbers are way grooovie. Not for all day or tour riding, but make for a fun ride.. is why we have trux n trailers anyway.

now you got you a new project. chop it. ponchout
know what you mean, i looked at a couple of older (cb750, cbx 1000 6 cyl etc) ... much older bikes for a resto thing .... cheaper to buy a new one and change it.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
You make me sick. What with your perfect LT and now a beautiful blue Custom. Sick, I say! :D

Congrats. Looks nice. I'm sure it will be a blast.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Whiting, I would love to hear your review of the handling and feel of the Custom after riding your LT for a while. I get a lot of comments like "Love that front wheel, but I bet it handles like crap!" Since I've never ridden a cruiser with a short, fat tire up front I can't compare the two.

Gotta say I love that color, but I'm prejudiced; my '07 Custom is Candy Sapphire Blue and I think they're the same paint!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
57,, have ridden many bikes with the skinny front tire.. suprisingly they handle quite nimbley. Steering is liter and quiker. Great for carving mountain roads.. dry ones. when it comes to long distances and lots of road variables is when I want that big gun out front. but for just cutting it up, the skinny wheel is like a carving knife. ponchout

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
The gal's just don't understand the need to not only ride, but to customize..... All part of the MC experience. I have to agree that if you are not wrenching on your bike, you are missing half the fun of the MC experience. So I can identify with your bored status..... I've floated the idea of a new something to my wife, (who still has her 83 Honda Civic bought new in 83) and she just can't understand why I would be looking already for a new experience..... Just one of those things that we agree to disagree on after 40 years of marriage.....:)

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The gal's just don't understand the need to not only ride, but to customize..... All part of the MC experience. I have to agree that if you are not wrenching on your bike, you are missing half the fun of the MC experience. So I can identify with your bored status..... I've floated the idea of a new something to my wife, (who still has her 83 Honda Civic bought new in 83) and she just can't understand why I would be looking already for a new experience..... Just one of those things that we agree to disagree on after 40 years of marriage.....:)
Aint that the truth.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Congrats on the new project, Whiting. Bet it turns out as nice as your current Beauty! Just tell Lin the bike is for her, but tell her out of striking distance.....don't ask me how I know

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
but tell her out of striking distance.....don't ask me how I know
For a moment i thought you were volunteering to do it for me.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
NEVER AGAIN! A hint.....a 380 concealed carry gun does NOT make a good anniversary gift!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
NEVER AGAIN! A hint.....a 380 concealed carry gun does NOT make a good anniversary gift!
zig'rs,, so where exactly did she shoot you? I mean besides where you were standing when she opened the gift? got any pix of the entry and exit wounds?

better hint, never give a loaded weapon as a gift.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
update

57 is picking his new ride this Tuesday.

I have ordered a bunch of gear for it. From mutazu ... Mu bags, they arrive in LA friday morn for me to pick up. I will get them to the paint shop tues arvo. The rest of the stuff i should get the following week.

I have on order the following ...

saddleman seat
Easy brackets
chrome switch covers, air box,speedo visor,resevoir cover,rad and reg cover, front resevoir cover, led rear light, new chrome grips.

i will be removing the whole rear light/turn/plate set up. The bags have turn/running lights built into them and i want to clean up the rear end.
Total cost so far. $1400 and I'm sure i forgot to mention other goodies that i have on order.:)

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
are you keeping the classic too?

Good looking custom!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
are you keeping the classic too?

Good looking custom!
The classic i will keep for the two up riding and long distance stuff. The custom for solo. Weekend riding.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Maybe for Christmas instead. A few years ago I asked my wife what she wanted for Christmas and she said "A Sig-Sauer P-239 in .40 S&W"

That sure saved me a lot of time in the clothing stores!:)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts